Uptown Bounce: Museo del Barrio and The Museum of the City of NY Block Party
We were excited to learn about Uptown Bounce – a set of events taking place in the evening in the plaza in front of the Museum of the City of New York at 104th St.
Uptown Bounce takes place from 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
Admission is FREE; advance registration required.
- Groove to hip hop beats with DJ Tony Touch and Latin rhythms by congas player Chico Cruz on the City Museum’s terrace
- Learn about graffiti’s influence on hip hop through the City As Canvas exhibition
- Join El Museo del Barrio for a studio visit and a conversation with folkorist Elena Martínez from City Lore
- Enjoy old school new school with DJ duo D’Marquesina at El Café
- Celebrate hip hop’s golden era at the City Museum with classic tracks from DJ Grand Master Caz & breakdancing by the NBS (Nothing But Skills) Crew
- Hear about artist Perla de Leon’s experiences photographing the Bronx in the 1980s at El Museo del Barrio
- Dance to throwback hits with DJ duo D’Marquesina and enjoy art-making inspired by El Barrio
- Sample classic hip hop beats and today’s freshest tracks with DJ Grand Master Caz on the City Museum’s terrace
- Watch breakdancers from Kelly Peters’ Generation X electrify the dance floor
- Meet the founder of El Museo del Barrio, Raphael Montañez Ortiz, as he speaks about its history with UCLA professor Chon Noriega
- Stick around to smash a piñata commissioned from artist Melissa Calderon
Join the conversation. #UptownBounce